This attitude of “having” to write is overwhelming! It stops many entrepreneurs from using online marketing to their benefit.
Take a minute to read these tips and go for it!
- RELAX. Relax and know that you can begin wherever you are.
- Pick social media site to concentrate on. The more you blog and use social media, the easier it gets.
- Write in your own voice. Take a few minutes to contemplate the topic you’d like to write about, then take a few breaths and pretend to have a conversion!
- Consider what will make your clients day easier. What do you get asked about all the time? What tips or tricks can you share?
- If you haven’t gotten comfortable with writing, try recording your topic. This will help you clarify your message and develop your personality.
- Read the writing of others you admire. Notice their style and personality. Pay attention to how they make their points.
- Remember, it’s statistically proven that people spend the most time online when they’re being entertained and educated. So, it’s great to incorporate an interesting or funny story (or cartoon) into your writing.
- Don’t be perfect. No one is. Pretend that you’re just writing a draft and let the words flow. Then go back and make sure you are using good grammar and punctuation. Share your knowledge now! Don’t wait till you think you’re a perfect writer!
- Don’t try to get all your ideas into it. Say enough to be valuable and use links to other articles, your website, blog or product.
- Have fun! Be authentic! Engage with your audience and you’ll do just fine.