Sigh – Facebook. A necessary evil for business? We all feel that way, however…
Oh, lighten up! It’s FREE!
Gone are the days when you’re “forced” to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars a month on a yellow page ad. We now have control and if you look at it the right way – it’s fun.
Follow these tips – really, you can stop googling “how to be successful on Facebook”!
- Use the 80/20 rule – 80% of your posts should be educational or entertaining. 20% can be promotional.
- Post as if you were a person talking to someone – not as a “company” selling something
- Like other business pages
- ASK FOR LIKES!
- Use trivia, quizzes and contests to engage your “Likers”
- Reply to your fans posts – let them know there’s a person behind the page
- Post videos, cartoons, photos and text. Use variety.
- Share other companies posts, including your “competitors”. If you’re bringing great information to your readers, they won’t care if it’s from a competitor.
- Ask Yes or No questions
- Have fun and engage at least once a day!
Did you learn anything from this post – let me know!
I recently started my own cleaning business and would greatly appreciate any unique marketing ideas anyone could suggest. I have already passed out fliers, put an ad in the paper, and posted on craigslist. If you can think of anything else – please let me know!! Thanks!